Welcome to the 2018 National Miss You Can Do It Pageant
ongratulations! You are one of a select group of girls and young women who will compete in our national contest! It will be the experience of a lifetime!
The Miss You Can Do It Pageant, a national nonprofit pageant for girls and women with special needs and challenges, is a magical event that happens once a year. We have come quite a long way since our first pageant in 2004, and those who witnessed the beginning could not have anticipated the incredible growth Miss You Can Do It has achieved.
This competition puts its contestants on a memorable path; this experience leaves you with great memories, strong friendships, and a defining sense of accomplishment. This surreal night is a once in a lifetime experience!
I ask you as contestants to put your fears aside. To allow yourself to try something outside of the ordinary. I ask you to be brave. Life is about pushing yourself. I am so proud of you for being part of this pageant and by doing so I believe you are one step closer to your dream come true!
Please read the following information carefully and save and print this packet. You will be added to a private Miss You Can Do It Facebook group where all documents will be uploaded if you need another copy.
To be a contestant in the Miss You Can Do It Pageant, the following is required:
- Complete the Entry Form
- Upload a picture to be used for the program book
- Submit a $150 non refundable entry fee
Competition Dates and Venue:
- Deadline to enter the Pageant is June 1, 2018
- Pageant Event Date: July 20 and 21st, 2018
- Location: Adler Theatre, 136 E 3rd Street, Davenport, Iowa, 52801
You must be between the ages of 4 years old and 28 years old to participate. We divide the contestants into three groups: Little Miss, Junior Miss, and Miss.
All contestants compete in a series of eight events that occur in the following order:
- A 3-minute private interview with a panel of judges
- Casual Wear Competition
- Evening Gown Competition
- On-Stage Question
- Photogenic Competition
- Congeniality Competition
- People Choice Award
- The Tudi Edwards Award
- On the day of the pageant, we offer each contestant complimentary hair and makeup styling.
- Contestants will receive a trophy, sash, tiara, t-shirt, and special gift.
At the rehearsal you will:
- Meet the pageant staff
- Meet your hostess (if you choose one of ours)
- Meet your group leader
- Meet your escorts
- Receive your pageant t-shirt
- Learn and practice walking on stage
- Take a pageant group photo
- Learn the opening number (for our Miss Contestants)
On pageant day contestants wear three different outfits as follows:
- Private Interview: You will wear your Miss You Can Do It T-shirt and denim shorts. Feel free to add accessories! You will receive your T-shirt at Friday night check-in.
- Casual Wear: You can wear anything from a cheerleading outfit to a Disney princess costume to a sequin jacket and dress with a matching hat – in other words, whatever a contestant wants! Please note, though, that our Miss Group, contestants 16 and older, must wear silver, black, or white or any combination of these colors.
- Evening Gown: Typically a formal dress or a gown is worn for this portion of competition.
A registered nurse is on call throughout the pageant weekend. With 75 contestants and their families, though, it is difficult for our nurse to know everything about each contestant.
We ask you to fill out this form and include any information you want our nurse to know about your contestant. This should include dietary restrictions, seizure disorders, any recent injuries, and the like. If you have nothing you need to share, you can leave the form blank, but include it, with the contestants name and your signature, as part of your contestant return package.
Pageant Entry Form